Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Graduate Associate (Resident Advisor) Position

I mentioned in my first post that I am a Graduate Associate (GA), which is essentially a resident advisor (RA) that is a graduate student, in one of the undergraduate college houses on campus. The application process for the GA position is now available for the next academic year! I am really glad I decided to be a GA this year because I have been exposed to other aspects of campus that I may not have known about otherwise. I feel integrated into both the undergraduate and graduate communities on campus. This has perks because I hear about events and services that may not be directly advertised to graduate students, like certain Career Center workshops, performing arts shows, speakers, and informal meetings with Penn faculty. Other benefits of the GA position include free housing that is on campus and close to classes, a meal plan, and a great network of undergraduate and graduate staff! My close friends at Penn include many members of my college house staff. If you are interested, I encourage you to check out the college housing website (link below). Feel free to ask me specific questions about the position as well!

For more information on the GA position and to apply, click on the link provided:
http://www.collegehouses.upenn.edu/raga/index.asp

-L


Here are some photos of my college house and the staff I work and live with!


No comments:

Post a Comment